First Year Experience
The First-year Experience (FYE) is designed to assist freshmen transition from high school to college both academically and socially.
FYE provides students with social opportunities throughout the year with special emphasis on meeting people in the first few weeks of the semester to help form a tight-knit community.
Students will also be given tips, resources, and programmatic opportunities aimed at helping them to reach their academic goals.
With a dedicated upperclass mentor, FYE participants will explore all that UNCG has to offer.
The FYE Community is housed in Cone Residence Hall.
Open to all first year students
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
- Share courses and live with other students
- Advising and networking with dedicated faculty
- Guaranteed registration in specially designed courses
- Create connections with multiple programs and departments on campus
- Begin exploring opportunities at UNCG with dedicated faculty and staff